Best bike for over 60 year old man
Did you know that trek bikes for seniors have seen a steep increase in sales and use over the past few years? Those stats are pretty believable when the growing community of super-adults (as we like to call them) seem to have come out in strong numbers on bikes and two-wheeler’s of every imaginable variety in parks, tracks, and even sporting events.
There are several great reasons for you to join that community and leave the house regularly for a ride on your very own trek bike:
- It’s a simple, yet the enjoyable mode of recreation.
It gets you ample exercise and keeps your body and mind in great shape.
It’s a great way to soak up the sun in most weather conditions.
- It’s a great way to socialize, or even spend some time with a loved one.
While it may be daunting to venture out into the two-wheeler world to buy yourself a set of wheels, the hard work of research and the joy of purchasing a stellar product will make the stress of the entire process worth it.
Buying Guide, when Looking to Buy Best bike for over 60 years old man.
Factors to be considered while buying a senior-friendly bike:
You can find a bundle of information regarding bikes and sources to buy them from online stores or outlets. But you cannot judge a book by its cover as the bike has a lot of factors which need to be considered while purchasing it, so you need to keep them all in mind when you have to choose among all available options.
Refer to the points below. These will aid you in choosing the correct bike for 60 years old man:
- Purpose to Buy: First of all, make it clear why you want to buy a bike. The reason should be very clear in your head because in a wide range of bikes, there are different categories where each bike belongs to a different category-set. The reason can be commuting, long-distance riding, health, and fitness. Having a precise understanding of why you need a bike would make it easy for you to choose among different categories.
Let’s discuss a few of the categories of bikes to get a better knowledge of each type:
There is a mix of MTB and Road bikes, which is known to be Hybrid bikes. These kinds of bikes have slim tires like traditional bikes, but they have straight handlebars. These hybrid bikes are with shock-ups and can be ridden on different kinds of ground.
There is another kind of bike called a Road bike that is designed for the best efficiency and performance. But these bikes can only do good only on roads with good conditions. These are designed with drop handlebars and slim tires.
Beyond road bikes for touring is a look-alike of road bikes because these have drop handlebars, but it can be differentiated from the later by a closer look. Road bikes have slightly thinner tires as compared to these genres of bikes. Also, they are more comfortable and have disk brakes in them.
There is another category of bikes, called MTBs, which prominently have broader tires and flat handlebars. MTBs are shock-absorbers while riding on rough lands. They are also used in downhill riding.
- Choosing Frame size: The second most important factor to consider while purchasing a bike is its frame size. It’s really important to select the correct frame size of the bike while keeping in mind the height and leg length of the person who will be going to ride that bike. This selection will only create a comfort zone for the rider while riding the bike but also prevents the rider from many accidents.
- Budget: Last but not the least factor to consider while buying a perfect bike for over 60 years old man, is its price. Some buyers have this misconception that with more money comes more reliable quality, but this is not true for many cases where inexpensive products have the best quality. You should always keep your budget in mind and should not compromise on quality.
So, stop worrying and start riding your favorite bike by keeping the above points in your mind.
1. Roadmaster 26″ Men’s Granite Peak Men’s Bike
The first one is a bike from the roadmaster, the most economical one but with good quality. It’s the best value for money you can get. It’s best because it’s not only economical but they have also considered seniors’ needs and made sure of the smooth experience for seniors.
Mountain bike styled, giving sporty feel, on which you feel young again. Its frame and handles bars are made from steel, weighs around 41lb (19kg) along with 26” wheels. It has adjustable seat and strong paddles, which are easy to force upon. It provides a variety of gear options and you can select the gear as per your desired force. It has SRAM grip twist shifters that helps in changing gears smoothly. When it comes to shock, the most important part for seniors, it has a suspension fork which is really smooth to a great extent.
89 Talkopedia Rating out of 100
- Ideal for roaming around on roads or on rough terrain
- Great suspension
- Great gear shifting
- Very low price, under $200
2. Sixthreezero Around the Block Men’s Cruiser Bike with Rear Rack (24 inch and 26 inch)
For seniors’ stability of the bike is as important as comfortability. Sixthreezero used a cushioned seat and large waffle tread tires to provide a comfortable ride, every time. Secondly, for seniors, balancing a bike on one foot is also hard because of weak joints so Sixthreezero has introduced large tires that provide easy balance. This is the ideal choice for seniors.
Wheels are the same as the first bike i.e. 26”. Its frame is strong because it’s fully alloy built. It’s not going to let you down on a long run.
The bike is customisable with the option of adding rear and front fenders. It is very easy to assemble and very affordable with prices starting from $269.99.
94 Talkopedia Rating out of 100
- Very stylish look with curved frame
- Various speed options from single to 7-speed
- Great cruising brakes
- Deluxe cushioned saddle and foam grips for comfort
- Ideal for riders from 5 feet to 6 feet, 2 inches
- Up to 300lb weight limit
- Easy to assemble
3. Mongoose Impasse Men’s 29″ Mountain Bike
More and more people are looking for the best value for money, and nowadays, we have good mountain bikes at a reasonable price. Mongoose Impasse is another such product. This provides one of the best quality at a very economical price. It provides 29” wheel, so if you are looking for adventure at trails go for this one eye closed. Not only 29” wheel is the best feature, specification like Promax disc brakes, allow trims, and above-average suspension gives you best experience of biking even on the roughest of terrains.
This bike is weighs 44lb in total, it provides a smooth and comfortable experience.
90 Talkopedia Rating out of 100
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Excellent suspension that maximizes comfort and performance
- Alloy wheels with quick release front
- Easy gear shifting with a 21 speed rear derailleur with SRAM twist shifters
- Suitable for riders between 5 feet and 6 feet, 2 inches
4. Schwinn Discover Hybrid Bike for Men and Women, 16 Inch Frame
Schwinn’s Discover Hybrid bike is a classically styled bike, anybody would crave to ride. This style and appealingly pleasing traveler bike are ideal to match up your daily requirements. Also, it’s great for commuting and shopping around town as well as for going off-road.
The frame of this bike is made of durable high-profile aluminum chassis. Promax Front, rear brakes, and upright handlebars are an aluminum alloy which provides durability without being too heavy.
This economical style bike is slightly pricier than others on this list, though it provides the flexibility and variability for all types of ride.
The fenders, chain guard and rear rack gives this bike a beautiful look due to their matching color.
92 Talkopedia Rating out of 100
- Keeps dirt off the rider with fenders included
- Padded seat for extra comfort
- Aluminum frame is lightweight
- Ideal for shorter riders between 4 feet and 5 feet 6 inches
- Easier climbing up hill due to 21-speed SRAM grip shifter and rear derailleur
5. Schwinn Mikko & Huron Adult Beach Cruiser Bike
Another bike from Schwinn, experts in affordable bicycles for all ages. This bike boasts intuitive features that make it easy to feel confident riding. Simple stopping power, twist shifters for making quick and easy gear changes and built-in rear fender keeps you clean and dry.
This cruising bike is better-suited to roads, though will handle light hills with minimal effort. It has a steel frame which makes it heavier than it’s aluminum counterparts, though it makes up for it with it’s improved stability and durability.
This bike can bear 260lbs weight at the maximum point & it is picture-perfect for anyone with height ranging from 5.4 ft to 6 ft.
90 Talkopedia Rating out of 100
- Easy assembly – takes roughly 45 minutes
- Great bike for beginners
- Shimano drivetrain and internal hub keeps dirt and dust out of gears
- Dual-suspension for smooth rides
Conclusion & Recommendation:
Keeping all the choices in mind of bikes suited for men over 60 years of age, the best among all would be the Roadmaster – 26 Inches Granite Peak Men’s Mountain Bike.
The major reason behind me suggesting this bike is because it is simply meant for outdoors. And bikers above 60 years of age also requires to freshen up in the way young people do it by going to outdoors.
There might be few shortcomings in this bike such as it has brakes which needs recurrent adjustments and bit uncomfortable seat but these are the features that can be adjusted and upgraded in-case you feel the need to do so and even this upgradation can be done at a very negligible price, even with this additional cost of upgrading this bike is still quite inexpensive in comparison of the others.